Cap City Fine Diner and Bar


Website: Cap City Diner

Design:

Callie: The Design of CAP city is very open. The kitchen is open. the bar is open, there are very few walls. The colors lean towards red black and chrome. It all comes across as very modern retro. I enjoyed it quite a lot. We went on New Years Eve and it was packed, and was a little loud for my tastes. However, from a design perspective it was the kind of restaurant that I could really see myself hanging out at.

Brad: It was a very subdued color scheme. Not too loud which I like. I also really liked the lighting as it wasn't too bright or two dark. It was a nice level of dim. The style of the place changed depending on where you were sitting. A very old school feel but there were parts that felt like sitting in a diner while the part we sat at was more of your typical old style restaurant feel to it. It was a neat design. The place was far too loud though. I pretty much gave up on trying to talk after the first 10-15 minutes.

Service:

Callie: The restaurant was packed and our waiter was phenomenal. We received our appetizers and our entrée very quickly and he was quick with the refills. The new wait staff trend seems to be disappearing for 20 minutes during the meal, but he was always just around the corner and very attentive.

Brad: The service really shined here. The waiter was extremely helpful and kept up with the refills. He was a very pleasant person to have as a waiter. The food came out rather quickly and the staff in general seemed friendly and eager to help.

Food:

Callie: Mediocre. Very, very mediocre and for the price of the food, unacceptably mediocre. The highlihgt of the meal was our appetizer. Two gigantic pretzels cheese and mustard sauce for dipping. The cheese was missing something, but the pretzels and mustard were delicious. For an entrée I ordered the spicy chicken rigatoni. It was all heat and no flavor. I’ve never had a spicy dish like that before. Usually I like spicy because it means lots of spices. This dish made my mouth burn and tasted like nothing. The chicken was chewy, and honestly a little gross. I ended up avoiding it and just eating the pasta, that tasted like nothing.

Brad: This is where it all falls apart. We got the soft pretzels for an appetizer. The cheese was uninteresting but the honey mustard was really good. I then ordered a hamburger with fries as my meal. It wasn't very memorable. My food wasn't bad or anything, it was just lacking in taste and character. I got roughly halfway into it when it just seemed like more trouble than it was worth to continue. The french fries were fairly bad though. They were hard on the outside and cold mush on the inside. Just not pleasant at all to try and eat. I had about 4 before I couldn't struggle through anymore. I can think of a large number of places, some even being fast food, that I would rather eat a hamburger at. I've said previously, if you can't do a hamburger right, I won't trust you with something more complicated. I will give them one positive word though, the meatloaf looked really good.

Other Patrons:

It was New Year's Eve when we went so I don't know if it's really fair to judge them in this area. There were a lot of children which I immediately chalk up to being a negative in any restaurant. Nothing ruins your meal quicker than kids crying and being disruptive. The people next to us were really annoying as they were being extremely loud and made what little conversation we attempted almost impossible. But again, it was New Year's Eve and most likely not the regulars in attendance.

Final Thoughts:

Two words: Giant disappointment. We went because of the name, we were excited because of the decor and appetizer, but the meal itself really ruined this experience for us. I doubt we will ever go back. The price of the food is to high to continue to have such a luck luster experience on a possibly fruitless quest to find SOMETHING on the menu worth eating. 2/5

0 comments:

 
  • Adventures In Columbus Dining © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes