Allow me...

to introduce myself. My name is Brad and I'll be one of the two writers of this blog along with Callie. We are a couple that lives in Columbus, Ohio. One of the things we enjoy is experiencing the vast array of dining options that exist in this city and the surrounding areas. Callie and I will each be introducing ourselves and giving a brief description of what we look for in our dining experience.

I tend to be more simple in my tastes. Burgers and pizza are just fine by me. With a new restaurant I tend to go for a hamburger first. My philosophy is that a hamburger is pretty hard to mess up. So if they can give me a decent one I'll consider coming back and expanding my horizons a little bit. If they can't even get me a good hamburger then I'm done with them.

Service is always something I keep a close eye on. Bad service can ruin just about any meal if you ask me. It seems anymore that all you encounter nothing but apathetic wait staff that spend the night ignoring you and then have the gall to act like you owe them a good type. Good service really jumps out to me and I'm willing to leave generous tips for wait staff that really goes above and beyond their job description.

Now I don't really demand much from a wait staff. Just keep my drinks full and keep the meal moving at a pretty steady pace. I don't want or like wait staff that's in your face. Some places it seems like someone working there is asking you about your meal every 5 minutes. Please, just leave us alone. If we have a problem we'll let you know. I also don't like comments or jokes about what I'm ordering. Frankly I don't care unless I ask. I have asked about dishes before and that never seems to end in anything but tragedy.

Some of my favorite places to eat in the Columbus area are Hounddog's Pizza, Genji Japanese Steak House, Sonic, Red Robin and Angie's Pizza. Like I said earlier, I have pretty simple tastes. I'm easy to please. I will warn everyone now. I'm not a fan of Mexican. So you won't see me doing many Mexican restaurants on here. I'll leave those to Callie.

Welcome to the blog. Stay tuned for some great reviews.

0 comments:

 
  • Adventures In Columbus Dining © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes