Pete's Place Review

Location: 14211 E Broad Street Reynoldsburg, OH 43068

Pete's Place is an odd mix of your traditional American dishes with Mediterranean dishes.

Design:

Brad: Pete's Place is split off into two sections. A more traditional diner area and a more modern style eating area. The families seemed to eat in the more modern eating area while older people or lone wolfs ate in the diner area. Callie and I decided on the diner area because there were no children on that side. There were televisions in each room and it seemed customers had access to the remotes which is a nice bonus. I would say the design was nothing special. My biggest complaint was that there is no sign about seating arrangements. Callie and I were at a loss. Were we supposed to wait for the hostess to seat us or were we supposed to just grab our own seat. It seems to be a sit yourself restaurant. I'd give the design a 6 out of 10.

Callie: The parking was a little hard to figure out as the lines are worn out. The inside is dark but homey. The table cloths are plastic and the kind you See at the clearance bin at Wal-Mart. It all worked though, and was a very friendly place. The left side had cartoons going and families sitting in it, and the right side had a bar with the football game going. I appreciated the choice and agree with the 6/10 rating.

Service:

Brad: The staff was very friendly throughout the whole meal. Our waitress seemed to know what we wanted too. She stayed out of our way and kept our drinks full. They made sure to ask us how the food was after we were done eating. Pretty much we only interacted with staff when it was an appropriate part of the meal. I really dislike in your face wait staff and management. I want to eat, not talk to you about the food I'm eating. Just leave me alone. Very solid service that I'd give a 7 out of 10.

Callie: They were all very friendly and attentive. They were the kind of people that just made you smile to your self. 7/10

Food:

Brad: Since this was a new place I went with the safe bet hamburger. The burger was cooked more than I like but it was burned to a crisp like it was at Johnny Buccelli's. They spiced the meat very well and it was a nice sized burger. I didn't finish but that was more out of fullness than not enjoying it. It wasn't the best burger, not even top 10, I had ever had in the world. It was a slightly above average entry into my long history of hamburgers. If I went back again I would probably try a few other dishes before finding myself trying a few other dishes first. I have to admit, I was coveting the amazing looking chicken cordon blu Callie had ordered. The steak fries were quite good. A little on the bland side but salt fixed them up really well. They came out piping hot and they were nice and crispy. We also ordered the mozzarella sticks as appetizers. These were definitely the highlight of the meal for me. They were very crispy and the cheese inside was amazing. They were really tasty and I found myself disappointed that they had only given us 5 of them. I'd give the food a 6 out of 10.

Callie: I ordered the Chicken Cordon Blu sandwich, fries and a lemonade. I will tell you though I was torn between that, the Gyro and a quesadilla. They all sounded delicious. Our appetizer was mozzarella sticks and the best part for me was the ranch dressing I ordered with them was cold, thick and delicious. There is nothing worse then runny dressing. The sandwich was VERY good. There was a juicy piece of grilled chicken, topped with a generous piece of ham and swiss cheese. It was a large, meaty, and I was not able to finish it. They have two different fries available: hand cut and steak. I ordered the steak fries. They were cooked well, hot and tasty. The lemonade was a little weak for my tastes but still edible. 7/10

Other Patrons:

Brad & Callie: There was a family in the other room but they made little noise. It seemed like mostly locals in the area and some guy that drove down from Cleveland. The people in there all seemed like regulars. I imagine you'd probably have a good chance of seeing the same people that were in there with us if you went. I would say the typical patrons are families and older people in their 40s or 50s. It struck me as that sort of place.

Final Thoughts:

Brad & Callie: Honestly, Callie and I almost backed out of eating here. From the outside it looks like some slum bar on the wrong side of town. I was pleasantly surprised to walk out feeling like I had eaten a very decent meal. The prices are pretty good and if you pick carefully you can eat for pretty cheap. Now, don't get me wrong, Pete's Place is maybe above average. I think Callie and I would find ourselves here every now and then but not on a regular basis. I would give Pete's Place an overall 7 out of 10.

0 comments:

 
  • Adventures In Columbus Dining © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes