Boston's The Gourmet Pizza Review

Location: 191 W. Nationwide Blvd., Columbus, OH, 43218


Sports bar specializing in pizza, pasta, and other pub items.

Design:

Brad: It's the Arena District so you know you'll be paying to park. The inside of Boston's is nonsensical. You walk in and there's not really any hostess standing there. So you just kind of stand in the middle of nowhere until the hostess walks up or the bartender gets sick of looking at you. The design is kind of goofy. The bar takes up a lot of room and the entrance is in a really oddball place. I'd say a 4 out of 10.

Callie: Bostons is in the Arena District. So right away you know you will be parking in the street or in a parking garage. There is a hostess stand outside of the restaurants revolving doors. I have been to Bostons 4 times and I have only ever seen a hostess there once. This time, there was no hostess. Once inside you stand awkwardly right in front of the door waiting for someone to notice and seat you. The bar area is right in front with the dining area around the bar and in the back. 5/10

Service:

Brad: The service here is a really mixed bag. The wait staff is kind of friendly but very pushy. You feel like they're trying to rush you through every step of the meal. And the times Callie and I have gone it's been very empty. This place makes a cardinal sin of service though. They are constantly in your face. Two or three people are always asking if your food is okay and you seem to have a staff member hovering every time you turn around. The drinks were kept full which is always a plus. I will state a piece of annoyance with the last waitress we had. I asked her about buffalo wing sauce. I don't eat a lot of wings and I don't want spicy at all. So I asked her and she recommended mild. Mild is spicy and I was really annoyed with her over the bad recommendation. I'd give service a 5 out of 10.

Callie: The hostess was not out front, I think a manager ended up seating us. Our waiter was mediocre. Mediocre is word I use a lot when describing this place. She was strainingly friendly, did quite keep up on the refills and continually asked us how the food was. 6/10

Food:

Brad: The wings were pretty disappointing. I could've gotten the same quality of wing from BW3 for a lot cheaper. I got the pizza and I have to say, it was equally as disappointing to me. It reminded me a lot of Pizza Hut. Now I like Pizza Hut and everything but I consider Pizza Hut to be the McDonald's of pizza. Meaning, I like it for the price. This was Pizza Hut quality pizza for a lot more money. So let's just say, I wasn't happy with it at all. The portion for the price was also kind of pathetic and not filling at all. I'd give the food a 4 out of 10.

Callie: We ordered Buffalo wings with mild sauce as an appetizer. I had chicken Parmesan with a side bow tie alfredo. The best parto f Bostons is that you can have a side of any kind of pasta you want as a side. The chicken Parmesan was okay. Not as good as Olive Garden or anywhere else I have ordered it. The Alfredo sauce was very good and made me wish I had just ordered the Alfredo. 5/10

Other Patrons:

Brad and Callie: The place was fairly empty every time we've eaten there. From what I saw it was people in their 20s, 30s and 40s. No kids that I can remember. It's really hard to say though. I think you could go to this place at any time of day and it would be fairly empty.

Final Thoughts:

Brad and Callie: This place isn't really bad, it's just completely average. And average in the Arena District just doesn't cut it. There are at least a dozen restaurants within walking distance of Boston's and all of them offer better food at the same price. I honestly don't see Boston's staying in business here for very long. They just don't offer anything good enough or unique enough to compete with the superior restaurants surrounding them. Boston's is a 5 out of 10.

0 comments:

 
  • Adventures In Columbus Dining © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes